Workplace Violence/Individual with Weapon
A. Should an individual with a weapon enter the building or an act of violence occurs:
1. Immediately notify University Police (662)-846-4155. Provide as much information as you can and stay on the phone until told to hang up. 2. OKRA ALERT will be activated.
3. Alert others if you can without endangering yourself.
4. Evacuate the area by a safe route if possible.
5. If the emergency is an active threat and you are unable to evacuate the area, attempt to seek an area of safe refuge.
6. If you must seek refuge, secure doors and windows as quickly as possible and barricade as many items between you and the threat.
7. Keep away from the windows.
8. Do not attempt to make contact with the individual(s) responsible for the threat unless no other option is available.
9. Once in a secure location, do not open the door for anyone but the University