JumpStart, a new four-week summer bridge program beginning July 2022, helps incoming freshmen transition from high school to college. JumpStart offers students the ability to become acclimated to academic, personal, and social challenges which often occur during the first semester of college. It provides JumpStart students with an opportunity to take six credit-bearing hours, participate in social/cultural and career awareness activities, reside in on-campus housing, attend academic workshops, and meet with an academic coach/navigator for academic mentoring. This program offers an advantage to incoming freshmen who are looking to JUMP into their first year successfully by becoming acquainted with campus, faculty and staff, and learning academic skills to help them navigate through college.
- Move to campus at beginning of July
- Connect with support staff on campus
- Earn 6 college credit hours during Summer II (July)
- Connect with a community of peers before school starts
- Gain information about social programs & words of advice
- Receive support from the Student Success Center