Delta State Continuing Education offers a large selection of summer camps for your child. Please view the list of summer camps/programs and feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Applications for camps will be posted on this page once registration is open. If you would like to receive an application for a camp that is not open yet AND join our mailing list, please contact us at 662-846-4833
Each summer camp has very limited space, so please register early to save your child a spot!!!
- Date/Time: May 16 – 19, 2022
- Instructor: Ronnie Mayers
- Instruction Method: This course will be held on the DSU Campus with classroom and pool instruction
- Cost: $190 ($40 certification card/$150 instructor fee)
- Requirements: Participants must be age 15, be in sound health, must attend all four days, must pass the preliminary swim test on first night
- Class Details: This certification class will provide you with the ability to save lives and receive the needed qualifications to be a lifeguard.
- Registration: CLOSED
- Flyer: View Flyer Here
Kid’s College is a four day educational and enrichment camp for children that have completed 5k through 6th grade. They will attend various hands-on creative learning classes in science, art, cooking, music, reading and more! Exact class listings will be available for registrants at a later date.
- Dates: Monday, June 13 – Thursday, June 16, 2022
- Times: Completed 5k-2nd graders will attend from 8am to 12pm and completed 3rd-6th graders will attend 8am to 5pm.
- Cost: $125 for K5-2nd grade; $225 for 3rd – 6th grade. Cost includes camp backpack, t-shirt and all supplies.
- Payment: We accept Cash or Check dropped off at our Con Ed office (239 Kent Wyatt Hall) or you may call 662-846-4871 to pay by credit card over the phone.
- Class Choices: Those that have registered and paid the camp fee will receive an email in May to choose the classes they will attend for the camp. Up to two classes will be available for them to choose from each class period. Class space is limited by half enrollment of camp. If they choose a class that is full, they will be automatically moved to the available class.
- Flyer:View Flyer Here
- Register Online CLOSED!
Participants will enjoy a daily planetarium show in our Wiley Planetarium led by Dr. Maria Weber, multiple stem activities and builds in the areas of Heliophysics, Earth Science, Astrophysics, Planetary Science, Space telescopes and MORE! The goal of Astro Camp is to give ALL students the chance to get involved in and experience science, technology, engineering and math to inspire future astronauts engineers to learn about space with NASA unique activities.
Date: July 11 – 15, 2022
Times: 8am to 12pm
Age Groups: Students that have completed 1st-6th grades as of May 2022.
Cost: $110 (includes camp t-shirt and all program supplies)
How to register: Registration Closed
Flyer: View Flyer Here
Registration is CLOSED!
Participants, ages 14 to 18, will receive Driver’s Education classes and driving skills. The Driver’s Education course is not required to receive a driving permit, however it will give a discount on car insurance for the new driver in the family AND allows ALL of the frustration from teaching your child to drive on the hands of an experienced instructor.
Date: June 6 – 24, 2022
Class Times: 10am to 12pm
Driving Times: 8am, 9am, 12pm, 1pm. More times will be added, if needed
Age Groups:Ages 14-18. Must be age 14 BEFORE June 6. Anyone 19 and above that wishes to take this may contact us to discuss private lesson options.
Cost: $270 (due on registration day in June TBD)
How to register: Registration is currently closed!