College of Business and Aviation
Take your technical education further with Delta State University’s Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree programs. This unique degree program is ideal for community college students looking to continue their education as well as experienced professionals looking to advance their careers.
The College of Business and Aviation at Delta State offers two BAS degree options in Business Administration or Aviation Management. The Bachelor of Applied Science in Business Administration offers concentrations in Computer Information Systems (CIS), General Business, Health Care Administration, and Hospitality Management. The Bachelor of Applied Science in Aviation Management offers concentrations in Air Traffic Control, Airport Transportation, Airport Operations, Unmanned Aerial Systems, Aviation Security, and Logistics.
With affordable tuition and classes available on-campus and online, Delta State’s BAS degree programs provide individuals the opportunity to turn their technical education credits into a bachelor’s degree, increasing career opportunities and earning potential.
- The BAS degree program accepts up to 45 hours of career and technical credits toward the total 121 hours required for degree completion
- Admission to the BAS degree program requires an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S) degree, an approved technical associate degree, or a minimum of 45 hours of career and technical credits
- A.S degree must be from a SACSCOC accredited community college in the state of Mississippi or a comparable regionally accredited community college from another state
- Required DSU General education courses not completed within Associate of Applied Science degree can be completed as part of remaining hours from BAS degree
Bachelor of Applied Science in Business Administration
Areas of Concentrations
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Health Care Administration – this concentration is for students interested in meeting the demand for health administration leaders capable of improving the efficiency and quality of health service organizations.
- Hospitality Services Management – this concentration is for students interested in gaining knowledge and skills equipping them to excel as managers and leaders in the restaurant, food services, hotel, and lodging industries.
- General Business – Human Resources – this concentration is for students interested in the responsibility of recruiting, training, developing employees, budgeting, benefits, payroll administration duties across an organization helping to ensure a company has the workers and resources needed to accomplish goals.
- General Business – Marketing/Management – this concentration is for students interested in learning leadership skills that will allow them to make decisions that impact the success of a business. Upon completion, students will be able to identify customers’ needs and then guide organizations to develop, distribute, price, and promote products and services.
Bachelor of Applied Science in Aviation Management
Areas of Concentrations
- Air Traffic Control
- Airport Transportation
- Airport Operations
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Aviation Security
Transfer applicants are those currently enrolled in community college or those with previous college credit hours. Students transfer to Delta State from all over the country and the world. In fact, the transfer population makes up the largest portion of the Delta State student body.
Are you a future transfer student? Apply now in 4 easy steps.