Graduate & Continuing Studies
How to Apply
Become a Delta State graduate student in a few easy steps:
1. Complete a formal application for admission. Apply online here or complete a paper application and submit it to the graduate office.
2. Request an official transcripts from the college or university in which you received your bachelor’s degree and from all colleges and universities in which you have received graduate credit. Official transcripts can be E-Scripted to Delta State University Graduate Admission or can be mailed directly to:
Delta State University
Office of Graduate Studies
Kent Wyatt Hall 239
Cleveland, MS 38733
3. Submit proof of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella.
4. Submit the $30 application fee.
General Admission Requirements:
In order to be completely admitted to a graduate program, applicants have to be admitted to the university and satisfy the standards set by the selected degree program.
1. An applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
2. An applicant must meet departmental standards set for the selected program of study (see admission requirements under each degree program–requirements for admission to the doctoral program are separate.)
3. An applicant must be eligible to re-enter in good standing the last college or university attended.
4. An applicant born after January 1, 1957 must present proof of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella. Medical exceptions to this policy are described in the General Catalog.
A student may be required to take additional coursework to meet the prerequisites of the particular degree program. A student with deficiencies in the major field or written English may be required to take sufficient undergraduate coursework to correct these deficiencies.
To enroll in coursework, non-degree students must have permission from the department in which the courses are offered. There is no obligation on the part of the department offering the degree program to accept coursework taken by students in non-degree status. Students enrolled as non-degree who decide to pursue a degree must make application to the Graduate Studies Office as a degree seeking student. Before completion of a non-degree form, a student must complete the admissions process.