Graduate & Continuing Studies

How to Apply

Apply to Delta State graduate school:

1. Complete a formal application for admission. Apply online here or complete a paper application and submit it to the graduate office.

2. Request official transcript(s) from the college or university in which you received a bachelor’s degree and from all colleges and universities in which graduate credit was received. Non-U.S. transcripts are accepted through WES or ECE evaluation services (must be evaluated course-by-course). Official transcripts may be sent electronically to Delta State University Graduate Admissions ( or can be mailed as hard copy directly to:

Delta State University
Office of Graduate Studies
Kent Wyatt Hall 239
Cleveland, MS 38733

3. Submit proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Must show proof of two (2) MMR doses.

4. Submit the $30 application fee.

Meet the General Admission Requirements:

In order to be completely admitted to a graduate program, applicants have to be admitted to the university and satisfy the standards set by the selected degree program.

  • An applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
  • An applicant must meet departmental standards set for the selected program of study (see admission requirements under each degree program–requirements for admission to the doctoral program are separate.)
  • An applicant must be eligible to re-enter in good standing the last college or university attended.
  • An applicant born after January 1, 1957 must present proof of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella. Medical exceptions to this policy are described in the General Catalog.

A student may be required to take additional coursework to meet the prerequisites of the particular degree program. A student with deficiencies in the major field or written English may be required to take sufficient undergraduate coursework to correct these deficiencies.

Graduate School Test Scores

Depending on degree program, an applicant may be required to send test scores.

If you are applying for the fall semester, please ensure that your test scores are sent to DSU at least 6 weeks in advance of the deadline date. Processing incoming GRE scores during October thru February may take up to 6 weeks following receipt of scores from ETS or other vendor due to the high volume of scores received.

ETS School Code:



Pearson Assessment School Code:


Miller Analogies Test

GMAT School Code:

Delta State University


Scholastic Aptitude Test School Code:



American College Test School Code:



American College Test – CAAP:


CAAP Score

Non-Degree Students

To enroll in coursework, non-degree students must have permission from the chair or graduate coordinator of the department in which the courses are offered. There is no obligation on the part of the department offering the degree program to accept coursework taken by students in non-degree status. Before completion of a Non-Degree Form, a student must complete the graduate school admissions process. Students enrolled as non-degree who decide to pursue a degree must make application to the Graduate Studies Office as a degree seeking student.

Non Degree Form

Non-degree students do not have access to federal financial aid (Graduate Bulletin p. 19). Non-degree students are not eligible for Graduate Assistantships (GA-ships).

Non-U.S. Transcripts

A non-U.S. transcript evaluation with a 2.0 (or above) cumulative GPA on the U.S. 4.0 grading scale is required. Please request that an official/complete WES or ECE transcript evaluation for each previously attended non-U.S. school/university be submitted directly to Delta State University Office of Graduate Studies:

WES Evaluations

  • Type of evaluation needed – “course-by-course”
  • Request a WES Evaluation
    • If you have attended more than one non-U.S. university, you will need to request an evaluation for each non-U.S. university previously attended.

ECE Evaluations

  • Type of evaluation needed – “course-by-course”
  • Request an ECE Evaluation
    • If you have attended more than one non-U.S. university, you will need to request an evaluation for each non-U.S. university previously attended

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for admission?

The graduate application is available online at Select “Apply Now” under the Graduate Studies section and complete the application using the “First Time User Account” link.

Is the graduate application fee required?

The graduate application fee is a one-time only, nonrefundable $30.00 fee that is required for all DSU graduate school applicants. If you earned a Bachelor’s degree from DSU, but have never applied to a DSU graduate studies program, you are required to pay the graduate application fee.

Do I need to send each of my previous college transcripts to DSU?

Request official transcript(s) from the college or university in which you received a bachelor’s degree and from all colleges and universities in which graduate credit was received.

*Please note that Business and Nursing programs require ALL transcripts.

**Non-U.S. transcripts are accepted through WES or ECE evaluation services; must be evaluated ‘course-by-course.’

Official transcripts may be sent electronically to Delta State University Graduate Admissions ( or mailed as hard copy directly to:

Delta State University
Office of Graduate Studies
Kent Wyatt Hall 239
Cleveland, MS 38733

What is an official transcript?

To be considered an official transcript, the transcript must come to DSU directly from an institution, either by mail or through an electronic transcript service such as Clearinghouse, eScript, or Parchment. Transcripts submitted by students are considered unofficial documents unless the transcript is still in its original, sealed envelope from the institution. The seal cannot be opened and re-attached. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted, and will not satisfy application requirements.

Does DSU offer graduate programs that are fully online?

Yes! Several of our graduate programs can be completed fully online. These programs include, but are not limited to: the Integrated Master of Business Administration (MBA-I), Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Master of Science in Social Justice & Criminology (MSJC), and Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT). DSU also offers many online courses across programs. Online course offerings can be viewed in the Searchable Class Schedule –> select “Browse Classes”.

I do not wish to apply for a graduate program. Can I just take a single course?

Yes! DSU allows applicants to enroll as “Non-Degree Seeking”.
Non-Degree Seeking applicants are required to submit a graduate application and select “Non-Degree Seeking” as their program of choice in the appropriate area of the graduate application. The $30.00 application fee and official transcript(s) are required. All “Non-Degree Seeking” applicants are required to complete and submit the Non Degree Form. This Form should list all courses the applicant is requesting to enroll. See “Non-Degree Students” section of this webpage for more information.

I'm a Non-Degree-Seeking student. How do I become degree-seeking?

All “Non-Degree Seeking” students wishing to move to a degree-seeking status are required to re-apply to DSU graduate studies and meet applicable admission requirements for that program. Visit

Does DSU accept transfer credit?

Yes, with approval. To receive transfer credit, students must submit official transcript(s) with the proposed transfer credits. Please contact your academic department and/or graduate program Coordinator for more information about the transfer credit policy in your graduate program.

How do I access functions of the myDSU student portal?

The myDSU student portal ( is comprised four (4) self-service systems: DSU Online Services, Canvas, OKRAmail, and Okra Kard.

  • DSU Online Services is a convenient way to take care of business online for Faculty, Staff, and Students. Within DSU Online students can register for classes, check grades, view unofficial transcripts, pay for tuition, and more.
  • Canvas by Instructure is the University’s learning management system (LMS); the online classroom, if you will.
  • OKRAmail is Delta State University’s student email system where every DSU student has a unique email address. This e-mail address is your lifeline to the University and will be the means for official communication between DSU students and the campus including Faculty, Administration, and fellow students.
  • Okra Kard is the student’s official identification card and is also used for door access, pay for print, Okra Green debit accounts, access to activities, and meal plans.

Students may gain access to these systems with their unique OKRAmail username and self-generated password. Download the myDSU Log In Guide here.

For more FAQs myDSU visit:

How do I register and obtain a class schedule?

Once admitted into a graduate program, the graduate program Coordinator may assist their students with course registration and advisement. Please note that an ‘Alternate PIN’ will be required for student-user registration. The ‘Alternate PIN’ is only given to the student thru the academic department via the Coordinator or supporting staff.

What is an Alternate Pin?

Admitted students are required to enter an ‘Alternate Pin’ when registering for courses. Your advisor/graduate program coordinaotr will assist with your program of study and course options. A new ‘Alternate Pin’ is generated per academic term. Contact your graduate program Coordinator for more information.

I attended DSU Graduate School, but need to re-enroll for Comps. What is my next step?

DSU Graduate Students who need to complete the comprehensive exams, or comps, must re-apply to the University. Visit

How do I change the name and/or address on my DSU student account?

Student identification numbers, or 900 #s, are generated during an applicants’ first contact with a DSU representative (i.e. high school recruiting fair, campus visit, CEU workshop).  Say you’ve changed your name since you last stepped foot on campus, or you’ve moved since you graduated from DSU.  To change the name and/or address on your DSU account, please visit: DSU Registrar’s Office – Forms to complete a “Name/Address Change Form”.
For a Name change, please provide legal documentation to have your name legally changed. Present a copy of a social security card with your new and acceptable documents such as a court order or marriage certificate.
For an Address change, the student must be 21 years of age.  A permanent address must be a physical address.

How do I access the Graduate Catalog and/or view course descriptions?

The Graduate Catalog is available online at: 

The Graduate Catalog includes, but is not limited to, the Academic Grievance Policy process and student support information, graduate program admission and degree requirements, graduate-level course descriptions, and a list of graduate faculty.

What are the fees to attend DSU?

Delta State University’s academic year Tuition & Fees are produced by the Student Business Services office.

Often called “SBS”, the Student Business Services office offers convenient management of the financial responsibilities and Okra Kards (the student identification card). SBS is located in Kent Wyatt Hall 131.

General Information | Phone: 662-846-4698 | Fax: 662-846-4791