Veteran's Education Benefits

The Registrar’s Office in Kent Wyatt Hall 152 will process paperwork for students who qualify for veterans education benefits.

Registrar’s Office Contact Information:

Diamond Spiller, Compliance Specialist

Veterans Affairs Certifying Official

Registrar’s Office

Kent Wyatt Hall, Suite 152

P: 662.846.4128   F: 662.846.4016


Former or Readmitted Students

Students that have been admitted and previously attended Delta State must reapply to the university. Official documents received with prior applications remain on file and may be applied to the new application.

*Official transcripts from all institutions in which a student enrolled following admission or enrollment to Delta State will be required.


Transient Students

A student currently enrolled and actively pursuing a degree at another institution will be permitted to take classes at Delta State University on transient status.

Transient student applications require a signed certification form which should be completed and mailed to:

The Office of Admissions
Delta State University
Kent Wyatt Hall 117
Cleveland, MS 38733



Transient Student Guidelines

Following are the guidelines for enrolling as a transient student:

•Students must submit an application for admission, $25 application fee, a letter of good standing with signed approval from the degree seeking institution, and an immunization record.
•A student who has been admitted as a transient student is not fully admitted to the University.
•Until earning full admission to the University by meeting the admission standards set forth by the Institutions of Higher Learning, all records, including transcripts, will designate “transient status.”
•Transient students are subject to University regulations regarding attendance and academic standing.
•It is the student’s responsibility to verify that coursework completed at Delta State University will transfer to their degree seeking institution.
•Students will not be allowed to enroll in the following courses in an attempt to satisfy admission requirements: English Composition, College Algebra, and Laboratory based Science.
•Transient status applies to on-campus, online or off-campus courses.


Non-Degree Seeking (Over 21)

An applicant who is at least twenty-one (21) years old and does not meet the regular freshman admission requirements may apply for admission as a non-degree seeking student.

Non-degree seeking students may enroll in a maximum of twelve (12) semester hours during a regular term, six (6) semester hours during a five-week summer term, or equivalent hours for alternate terms as determined by the admitting institution.

To transition from non-degree-seeking to degree-seeking status, students must satisfactorily complete twelve (12) hours with a “C” or better average in the general education core.

Once admitted to a degree program, a maximum of eighteen (18) semester hours credit earned as a non degree-seeking student may be applied toward a baccalaureate degree, if approved by the dean of the college or school from which the degree is sought.



GED or Homeschool Graduates

1. Applicants who have completed high school from a school that does not hold regional accreditation must submit the following:
a. Transcripts reflecting academic performance
b. ACT or SAT scores

2. Home-schooled applicants must submit the following:
a. Home-school transcripts or portfolio summarizing home school education
b. ACT or SAT scores

3. Applicants who have not completed high school must submit the following:
a. Passing score on a state-issued high school equivalency diploma. Acceptable equivalency tests include: the General Education Development (GED) Test (Provided by GED Testing Service); High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) (Provided by Educational Testing Service, or ETS); and Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) (Provided by CTB/McGraw-Hill)
b. ACT or SAT scores
c. Any transcripts reflecting academic performance in high school

Applicants may be required to appear for an on-campus interview.