Student Business Services
AmeriCorps is an organization that works with nonprofit groups and partnerships to help others and meet critical community needs. Members may receive benefits of service, including a monetary educational award. Please visit AmeriCorps.gov to complete an online award payment/voucher. Local contact: George Evans, 662-846-4682, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act is a program designed to help students finish school and find employment. Delta State is a training provider under the WIOA and works in conjunction with the Mississippi WIN Job Center to assist students in applying for funding.
WIOA Program Requirements
- Must be within final three semesters of school
- Must be first bachelor’s degree
- Must have overall GPA of 2.0
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 hours per semester unless it’s the final semester
- Must be a Mississippi resident
- Must attain a score of 3 or greater on the CRC Test
- Pre-register for classes for the term.
- Complete an application.
- Complete a program of studies form with adviser’s signature (form should be approved three semesters prior to graduation).
- Complete the Career Readiness Certificate Test. Go to www.thecappscenter.com. Click on “Career Readiness Certificate” and register online. Choose “WIOA Training.” You will be sent an email with a testing date and time.
- Once you have received a passing score on the Career Readiness Certificate, return completed application, program of study and WIN Job Center forms to Student Business Services (SBS will use this information to create a student spreadsheet).
The WIN Job Center determines if a student is eligible to receive WIOA funding.
WIOA Approved Degrees
Bachelor of Arts
- Art Education
Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Studio Arts
Bachelor of Business Administration
- Healthcare Administration
Bachelor of Science
- Nursing (BSN)
- RN Upgrade to BSN
- Special Education
Bachelor of Science in Education (BSE)
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- English Education (7-12)
- Mathematics Education (7-12)
- Biology Education (7-12)
Master of Education/Secondary Education in Art*
Master of Commercial Aviation*
Integrated Master of Business Administration (IMBA)*
Master of Business Administration (MBA)*
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)*
Master of Professional Accountancy (CPA)*
Master of Community Development*
*Delta WIOA does not fund these courses, however you may qualify in other regions.
Check out the Mississippi Eligible Training Provider List and contact a local WIN Job Center.
Karminee Love, 662-846-4830, email@example.com
Perkins Loan Exit Interview
Federal Perkins Loans are low-interest loans for undergraduate and graduate students with exceptional financial need. Those who receive Perkins Loans must complete an exit interview upon graduation. After completing the interview, please print the confirmation page for your records.Local Contact:Shelia Williams, Perkins Loan Representative, 662-846-4649, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who needs this form? What is this-benefit, deducation?The 1098T used for tax purposes is located on myDSU online. After logging in, click student records for the form. Then select the correct year.
MPACT is a program designed to help parents and future students save for college tuition. MPACT allows the cost of tuition to be locked in at today’s rate.
This is the only prepaid tuition plan available that is guaranteed by the State of Mississippi. While students must still meet the requirements for college admissions, any child in Mississippi 18 years or younger and not currently enrolled in college is eligible.
To find out more information on the program, visit their web site or contact Student Business Services at (662) 846-4698.