Student Business Services
AmeriCorps is an organization that works with nonprofit groups and partnerships to help others and meet critical community needs. Members may receive benefits of service, including a monetary educational award. Please visit AmeriCorps.gov to complete an online award payment/voucher. Local contact: George Evans, 662-846-4682, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act Funding
Delta State University is in partnership with the WIN Job Centers in the Delta Region to assist students with tuition and fees through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act program. The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act is a financial assistance program designed to help students finish school and find employment. Delta State is a training provider under the WIOA and works in conjunction with WIN Job Centers to assist students in applying for funding. Tools for applying for funding can be found below.
Delta WIOA Program Requirements
- Must be within final three semesters of school (*four if nursing student)
- Must be first bachelor’s degree
- Must have overall GPA of 2.0
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 hours per semester unless the final semester
- Must be a resident of the Mississippi Delta
- Must attain a score of 3 or greater on the NCRC Exam
- Complete the WIOA Pre-Qualification Survey (www.deltastate.edu/WIOA-Pre-Qualifying-Survey)
- Pre-register for classes for the term.
- Complete an application.
- Complete a program of study form with adviser’s signature (form should be approved three semesters prior to graduation).
- Complete the National Career Readiness Certificate exam Testing Instructions: Contact the local Cleveland WIN Job Center for on-site testing or register for the exam at www.thecappscenter.com by clicking on “Register for the NCRC”. Please type “WIOA Training” as your reason for testing. You will be sent an email with a testing date and time once registration is complete.
- Submit completed application/program of study form and copy of NCRC scores Student Business Services: Office 134.
The WIN Job Center determines if a student is officially eligible to receive WIOA funding.
WIOA Approved Degrees
Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Art Education
Bachelor of Business Administration
- General Business
- Computer Information Systems
- Healthcare Administration
Bachelor of Science
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
- FCS Nutrition and Dietetics
Bachelor of Science in Education (BSE)
- Elementary Education (K-6)
Master of Education/Secondary Education in Art*
Master of Commercial Aviation*
Integrated Master of Business Administration (IMBA)*
Master of Business Administration (MBA)*
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)*
Master of Professional Accountancy (CPA)*
Master of Community Development*
Master of Education Counseling*
*Delta WIOA does not fund these courses, however you may qualify in other regions of Mississippi.
DSU WIOA Coordinator:
Karminee Love, 662-846-4830, email@example.com
Perkins Loan Exit Interview
Federal Perkins Loans are low-interest loans for undergraduate and graduate students with exceptional financial need. Those who receive Perkins Loans must complete an exit interview upon graduation. After completing the interview, please print the confirmation page for your records.Local Contact:Shelia Williams, Perkins Loan Representative, 662-846-4649, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who needs this form? What is this-benefit, deducation?The 1098T used for tax purposes is located on myDSU online. After logging in, click student records for the form. Then select the correct year.
MPACT is a program designed to help parents and future students save for college tuition. MPACT allows the cost of tuition to be locked in at today’s rate.
This is the only prepaid tuition plan available that is guaranteed by the State of Mississippi. While students must still meet the requirements for college admissions, any child in Mississippi 18 years or younger and not currently enrolled in college is eligible.
Students who have MPACT accounts must give Delta State University authorization to bill the state of Mississippi Treasury each term for funding. Please click on the link below to submit the request.
To find out more information on the program, visit their web site or contact Student Business Services at (662) 846-4698.