Eligible CEU Programs
For a program to qualify for approval of CEUs at Delta State University, the request must include evidence that:
- The program is responsive to an educational need of a specific target audience.
- A statement of purpose and objectives has been formulated.
- Instructional content is organized to meet the objectives and presented in a sequential manner.
- There is provision for individual participant registration, which includes information for recordkeeping and reporting.
- Suitable evaluative tools are employed whereby each individual participant is allowed to evaluate the program.
- Time requirements are established.
Programs eligible for CEUs include, but are not limited to:
- Continuing education programs for professionals; i.e. teachers, doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers.
- In-service training programs for specific target populations.
- License renewal programs.
- Seminars, workshops, or short courses for the general public.
- Para-professional training programs.
- Certificate programs.
CEUs are not approved for activities such as:
- Social or athletic events.
- Programs only casually related to educational objectives.
- Programs that prepare participants to pass examinations such as those required for Certified Public Accountants, real estate licenses, the Graduate Record Examination, or others.