Standing committees carry out projects and programs like “Smile On You,” “Take A Break,” “Employee of the Month,” volunteer and service projects, and staff fellowship.
Incentives and Recognition – Emily Jones (Chair)
Oversees and provides incentives and recognition to deserving staff members. Included but not limited to, Employee of the Month Award, Smile on You Award, Years of Service Award.
Projects – Rhonda Loper and Whitney Delaney (Co-Chairs)
Oversees and organizes stewardship projects hosted by the Administrative Staff Council. Included but not limited to, Thanksgiving Feed a Family, Christmas Adopt a Child, Staff Development Day Picnic.
Salaries and Benefits –
Oversees and organizes methods to provide alternative non-monetary benefits to staff and research potential opportunities for salary growth for all employees.
Staff Development – Jordan Thomas (Chair)
Oversees and organizes professional development opportunities for all staff. Included but not limited to, various workshops and staff development day.
Staff Council Textbook Loan Program
- To aid staff members in reaching their educational goals by off-setting the expense of textbooks
- To provide staff members the opportunity to participate in an education degree program
- To enhance personal and professional development
- To enable staff to function at their highest level of competence
- To provide funding for staff development
Description of Program:
- Up to five (5) one-hundred dollar ($100) awards will be made available to qualified staff members during the fall and spring semesters for purchase of textbooks at the Delta State University Bookstore.
- Qualified staff members must meet the criteria listed below.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Applicants must be regular, full-time staff employees (50% time or greater and whose position is expected to be active for more than four and one-half months).
- Eligibility begins on the first day of the applicant’s regular employment.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a for-credit course offered by Delta State University. This program excludes non-credit correspondence courses, short courses, workshops or institutes.
- While all staff members are encouraged to apply, priority will be given to individuals who have not previously received the award and whose annual salary is $35,000 or less. From this group, the loans will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Failure to complete a course with a passing grade will result in ineligibility to apply for the program the following term.
- Applications may be obtained from Staff Council’s Salaries and Benefits Committee Chair, Jordan Thomas (Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni-Foundation House).
- Application availability and deadlines will follow this schedule:
Application Due: August 21
Scholarship Award: August 22
- Completed applications must be mailed, faxed or emailed to the Staff Council’s Salaries and Benefits Committee Chair no later than 5:00 pm on the due date.
Applicant information will be verified, and the loan will be awarded based on the above criteria.