University Police


Emergency Phone Numbers

Delta State Police Department

Police, Fire, Ambulance

Cleveland Police Department (non-emergency)

Bolivar County Sheriff (non-emergency)

Emergency Procedures

The University community is encouraged to report all suspicious or criminal activity to the Delta State Police Department for investigation. If a crime occurs off campus it should be reported to the law enforcement agency having legal jurisdiction of that area. If you are unsure which department has legal jurisdiction, contact DSU Police for assistance. When reporting an offense or incident to the University Police try to be as detailed as possible and consider the following information:

• Name, location, and phone number of caller
• Nature of offense/incident
• Location of offense/incident
• Description of any person(s) or vehicle(s) involved

Campus Safety Guide