Human Resources serves DSU faculty, administrators, and professional and support staff employees.
The mission of the Human Resources Department is to formulate human resource policies and programs that enhance the quality of academic and administrative work environments; to collaborate with academic and administrative departments in supporting effective recruitment and development of a highly qualified faculty and staff workforce; and to be a strategic partner in creating a work environment which fosters individual achievement, teamwork, integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.
All employees of Delta State University must complete the Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention Training Course/Webcast and the Active Shooter Situations: What Should You Do? Webcast through the Mississippi State Personnel Board and send certificates of completion to the DSU Office of Human Resources.
- To complete the Sexual Harassment training go to Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention Webcast in an Internet Explorer browser. This training will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- To complete the Active Shooter training go to Active Shooter Situations: What Should you Do? in an Internet Explorer browser. This training will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Send questions and comments regarding this site to Lisa Giger
Last modified: August, 2017
Human Resource Management
“To contribute to Delta State University’s strategic and operating success, and enhance the quality of work for all our employees.”
Human Resource Foundation Principles
- Understand the business environment in which we perform
- Protect the dignity of our employees
- Demonstrate a true service orientation
- Pursue innovative approaches to human resource management
- Practice teamwork and mutual support within the human resource function
- Demonstrate principled leadership
- Act with integrity and high ethical standards.
Human Resource Strategic Plan
- Ensure a working environment that emphasizes open communication, respect for the individual, and a healthy balance between work, personal, and family life; and a work environment which ensures that employees derive a sense of accomplishment, contribution, and pride from their association with Delta State University.
- Establish a culture that values individual diversity, and emphasizes developing employees and their leadership capabilities.
This page is maintained by Lisa Giger. Send questions and comments regarding this site to email@example.com
The HRM Tool Kits provide information on human resources processes handled by Delta State University. Toolkits contain instructions and links to forms, policies, and related web sites. If you need assistance, contact Human Resources at 662-846-4035.
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national orgin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.
Send questions and comments regarding this site to Lisa Giger.
- Governor Phil Bryant has ordered that all employees of the State of Mississippi complete the Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention Training Course/Webcast through the Mississippi State Personnel Board. Delta State University is required to report to the Governor that all employees have completed the training. To complete the training go to Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention Webcast in an Internet Explorer browser. This training will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Health Quotient No Longer Required; The Health Quotient Survey is no longer required in order to receive wellness benefits. The survey is still available on the Department of Finance and Administration Web site; however, employees are not required to complete the survey. For more information, visit the Know Your Benefits website at: http://knowyourbenefits.dfa.state.ms.us/
- DSU’s new cafeteria plan administrator – Southern Administrators and Benefit Consultants. Click here to view the instructions on how to enroll in the Section 125 cafeteria plan on-line.
- State and School Employees’ Health Insurance Plan: On-line Explanation of Benefits
- Effective February 1, 2011, the State Health Plan went live with a secure portal that allows participants to access personal information about healthcare claims and benefit information. The myBlue website provides access to Explanation of Benefits (EOB), ordering an identification card, and links to health plan information. The attached memo and poster provide instructions for creating an account on the secure site.
- New Recruitment and Hiring Guidelines Toolkit
For more information contact the Human Resources Department:
Delta State University,
Kent Wyatt Hall 249,
Cleveland, MS 38733