Graduate & Honor Studies
Graduate students at Delta State have a number of funding opportunities available to them, including Graduate Assistantships, fellowships, scholarships, and loans. Students may qualify for financial assistance through the University’s Office of Student Financial Aid after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may also find scholarship opportunities through the Okra Scholarship Management System.
Graduate Assistantships (GA-ships) offer students the opportunity to work for Delta State in exchange for a tuition stipend. These positions provide students an excellent chance to get experience in their chosen field while continuing their education. The selection process is competitive. Interested applicants should submit a professional resume to the Graduate and Continuing Studies office. In some cases, prospective GA’s will be required to complete an interview.
Mississippi Community College Tuition Remission
Delta State University offers a tuition remission program to faculty and staff at any Mississippi public community college. All full-time employees are eligible to receive a reduction of one-half tuition. The employee must meet the regular admission requirements of the University. The scholarship is available for students seeking a degree at the undergraduate or graduate level, as well as to non-degree seekers pursuing professional development opportunities.
B. F. Smith Scholars
The B.F. Smith Scholars Program provides funding for qualified entering graduate students. The highly competitive graduate fellowships ($3,000 plus tuition per semester) and scholarships (up to $500 per semester) are awarded to a limited number of students with a proven record of undergraduate achievement. The successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the Mississippi Delta region in pursuit of a graduate degree related to community and economic development. Special consideration for the fellowship and scholarship will be given to those candidates who have an undergraduate degree in finance, marketing, economics, political science or public administration.
TFA Graduate Fellows
The TFA Graduate Fellows program is open to Teach For America (TFA) Alumni who have completed their two-year teaching commitment, or who will complete their teaching commitment by May of the current academic year. TFA Fellows work toward a higher degree at Delta State while also participating in an impactful social innovation designed to enhance the Delta community’s future. By participating in this program, educators apply their passion toward a reimagining of what is possible for Mississippi.
Delta State University is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Mississippi State Approving Agency. More information regarding eligibility, entitlement and types of programs authorized for benefits may be obtained by calling the Veterans Administration Regional Office or by visiting the Veterans Administration Website.
Delta State University does not charge out-of-state tuition. All students, including students receiving VA education benefits, pay in-state tuition. Additional tuition is charged for non-resident aliens and students in the iMBA program.
The VA Certifying Official, located in the Registrar’s Office in Kent Wyatt Hall 152, will process the paperwork for students who qualify for Veterans Educational Benefits. All forms and documentation must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
There are a number of additional outside funding opportunities for graduate students which can be found at the following links:
Graduate & Continuing Studies
Kent Wyatt Hall 239
Cleveland, MS 38733
- American Association of University Women
- Boren Awards for International Study
- DoSomething.org: A global movement for good.
- Environmental Protection Agency Star Graduate Education Fellowships
- Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Postgraduate Scholarship for Careers in Athletics
- Fellowships Through The Association for Asian Studies
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Program
- Fulbright Program for US Students
- Graduate School–Student Aid on the WEB
- Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship Awards
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
- IIE Fulbright Fellowships
- International Education Financial Aid
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowships Program
- Junior Auxiliary of Greenville, Miss. Scholarship
- McNair Scholars Funding
- Mississippi Teacher Fellowship Program
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- The Rhodes Trust Scholarships
- Rise Up Mississippi – Student Aid
- SallieMae College Planning
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowships
- Walmart Foundation Associate Scholarships
- WREI Congressional Fellows on Women and Public Policy