Commencement and Graduation Information
On this page, you will find information related to graduation in general as well as information related to the commencement ceremony. Information is provided below on the commencement ceremony, applying for graduation, diploma processing and delivery for recent graduates, and ordering a replacement or additional diploma. If you have any questions, please reach out to our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commencement Ceremony Information
The Fall 2023 Commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bologna Performing Arts Center on December 8th at 10 am and 2 pm. The designation of ceremonies for the candidates will be made after October 1, once all applications have been submitted.
Guests and Candidates, please use the links below to access important information, the Commencement Program, and the event map for Commencement including photography locations.
Fall 2023 Commencement Guest Information
Fall 2023 Commencement Program
Fall 2023 Commencement Event Map
Use the link below to view the live stream of the ceremonies or to access the recording after the ceremonies.
Live Streaming Webcast of the Ceremony
Information for Candidates for Graduation For Fall 2023 and for Summer 2023 Graduates Participating in the Fall Ceremony
Fall Commencement ceremonies will be held Friday, December 8th at the Bologna Performing Arts Center. Please use the link below to access the latest graduation information.
Fall 2023 Graduation Information_v4
Every candidate for graduation participating in the ceremony must take the Commencement Participation Survey by Tuesday, October 31. Use the link below to take the survey.
Commencement Participation Survey
Candidates for graduation and Summer candidates walking in the ceremony must take the Graduation Exit Survey. Students participating in the ceremony will only be allowed to pick up guest tickets once they have completed the survey. Use the link below to take the survey.
Graduation Exit Survey
Graduation Application Deadlines
Original Graduation Application Deadlines
Apply by these deadlines to avoid the late graduation application fee.
Fall – July 1
Spring – November 1
Summer – April 1
Late Graduation Application Deadlines
Apply by these dates to be included in the relevant term of graduation. A late application fee will be assessed for the late application.
Fall – October 1
Spring – March 1
Summer – July 1
Apply to Graduate
Please see below for instructions on how to apply for graduation.
- Go to myDSU
- Select Login under myDSU Portal
- Login with your username/password • User ID is the first part of your OKRAmail (your username) • Your password is the same password you use to access your OKRAmail. If you need to retrieve your User ID or reset your password, use the following link and scroll to the Okra Mail section: https://www.deltastate.edu/mydsu/
- Click on DSU Online Services
- Click the four-square icon in the upper left of the screen
- Click Banner
- Click on “Student Services and Financial Aid”
- Click on “Student Services and Financial Aid” again
- Click on “Graduation Application”
- Enter your latest term of attendance (usually will be the current term)
- Select the degree for the graduation application
Costs Associated with Graduation
Graduation Fee – $50 – This fee is for the cost of the diploma and the processing of the degree. Each student who applies for graduation will be charged this fee.
Late Graduation Application Fee – $50 – This fee is charged to any student who does not apply by the original graduation deadline listed above.
Purchase of Regalia – See Commencement Information documents for this information. Each student participating in the ceremony must purchase regalia through the Jimmy R. Williams DSU Bookstore. Purchase of regalia is optional for students who are not participating in the commencement ceremony.
Transcript Fee – See Transcript webpage. All official transcripts must be purchased through our website.
- Please see the Commencement Information document posted above for specific information on the delivery of diplomas. In general, diplomas will be available for pick-up or to be mailed starting 1.5 to 2 months after the commencement ceremony.
- All fees must be paid and all holds must be cleared for your diploma to be released. Diploma pick-up dates and times will be sent out via email as soon as they are determined.
- Diplomas are 8.5×11 in size and only display a student’s degree type (i.e. Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, etc.). Major is not included on the diploma but is included on the transcript.
- Diplomas are available for either pick-up or delivery via mail. We cannot be responsible for the U.S. Post Office’s handling of the diploma, so it is suggested, if possible, that you pick up your diploma in person once they are available. Please email the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com if you wish to pick up your diploma.
- If your diploma is not picked up during the designated pickup time according to the Information document or email from our office, it will be mailed to the address listed on your application. If you have recently moved/or will move after graduation, please update your address with the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.
Replacement or Additional Diploma Orders
Please call our office at 662-8464040 to request a replacement or additional diploma. To place your order, we will need your name, student id (900#), date of birth, address, phone number, and credit card information. Please note the costs are $20 for the diploma, $10 for the diploma cover (optional), and $10 for the mailing fee. Additional costs will be assessed for international mailing. It takes 3-4 weeks for our office to order, receive and mail the diploma.