Military and Veteran’s Education Benefits

Veteran Affairs Education Benefits

Point of Contact

The point of contact for VA educational benefits is the Compliance Specialist/School Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office.  This person is trained and qualified about military benefits and federal tuition assistance and can connect you to institutional resources for academic counseling, financial aid counseling, job search support, or other student support services at the University as needed.

Diamond Spiller
VA School Certifying Official
Kent Wyatt Hall 152
Cleveland, MS 38733
Phone: 662-846-4128
Fax: 662-846-4016

Applying for VA Education Benefits

Please read the following document for an overview of the steps to apply for benefits:

Documents for the Certification Process

  • VA Certification Information Sheet (please update as needed with address, phone, email info in line with school records) – Required
  • Verification of VA Enrollment Sheet (please notify SCO directly of any changes) – Required
  • Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA (if applying for benefits for the first time with DSU – available once your application with the VA is processed) – Recommended, not required
  • Copy of most recent service member DD-214 if applicable – Required
  • Copy of NOBE (Ch. 1606) – Required
  • Kicker contract if applicable (Ch. 1606) – Required

More information regarding eligibility, entitlement and types of programs authorized for benefits may be obtained by calling the Veterans Administration Regional Office or by visiting the Veterans Administration Website.

Links to assist with applying for and managing your educational benefits with the VA

Benefits Information   Manage Your Benefits