The Gymnasium, located in a tree-shaded setting, accommodates classes in physical education, health education, and recreational activities. The concrete structure is brick veneered. General renovation of the building in 1974 included the addition of central heating and cooling. Here the first general meeting of Delta Council was held in 1938. The name honors the late Governor Henry L. Whitfield, who signed the bill creating Delta State Teachers College on April 29, 1924.