H. L. Nowell Union
A centrally located, three-story student union building situated at the south end of the quadrangle was completed in 1974. At the second-floor level, a balcony encircles the building and provides a panoramic view of campus buildings and the landscape. Lounges, patios, study areas, meeting rooms, and banquet rooms are provided for student use and campus meetings. Service areas provide for a bookstore, grill and vending machines, and post office. The union also houses offices which provide various student services. The building encompasses Scott Hall which first served as the dining hall and later the cafeteria from 1930 to 1966, and from the summer of 1966 to 1974 as the student center. The building is named after H. L. Nowell, who served the university 38 years in a variety of student services positions.