Part of the science complex, Caylor-White Hall, houses the biological sciences and memorializes the leadership of Dr. R.L. Caylor and Dr. J.S. White. Dr. Caylor served the University from 1931 until his death in 1958. He conceived the creation of the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory and lived to see it become a reality. Dr. White served the University from 1946 until 1979 and was instrumental in developing an exemplary preprofessional program in the health sciences.