Graduate & Continuing Studies
Graduate students at Delta State have a number of funding opportunities including, but not limited to: fellowships, scholarships, loans, and Graduate Assistantships. Students may qualify for financial assistance through the university’s Office of Student Financial Assistance after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Graduate Assistantships (GA-ship) offer students the opportunity to work for Delta State. Most assistantships offer free tuition, and some pay a small monthly stipend. GA-ships are competitive. These opportunities provide students an excellent chance to get experience in their chosen field while continuing their education. The GA-ship selection process will require an application (with attached resume), a minimum grade point average, and typically an interview.
Mississippi Community College Tuition Remission
Delta State University offers a tuition remission to faculty and staff at any Mississippi public community college: Full-time employees will receive a reduction of one-half tuition. The employee must meet the regular admission requirements of the institution. The scholarship is available for regular academic sessions and academic-credited continuing education courses.
B. F. Smith Scholars
The B.F. Smith Scholars Program provides funding for qualified entering graduate students. The highly competitive graduate fellowships ($5,000 plus tuition per semester) and scholarships (up to $500 per semester) are awarded to a limited number of students with a proven record of undergraduate achievement. The successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the Mississippi Delta region in pursuit of a graduate degree related to community and economic development. Special consideration for the fellowship and scholarship will be given to those candidates who have an undergraduate degree in finance, marketing, economics, political science or public administration.
Delta Dollars is an 8:1 fund matching opportunity for Delta State full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students. There is a required program application and eligibility process. Select the “Delta Dollars” button below to learn more about the program’s application and eligibility.
TFA Graduate Fellows
The TFA Graduate Fellows program is open to Teach For America (TFA) Alumni who have completed their two-year teaching commitment, or will complete their teaching commitment by May of the current academic year. Opportunities include furthering education at Delta State University, while also participating in an impactful social innovation that can lead to creating the future participants envision for themselves and their community. By participating in this program, participants will be able to apply their passion towards goals to help reimagine what is possible for Mississippi.
There are a number of additional outside funding opportunities for graduate students which can be found at the following links:
Graduate & Continuing Studies
Kent Wyatt Hall 239
Cleveland, MS 38733
- American Association of University Women
- Boren Awards for International Study
- DoSomething.org: A global movement for good.
- Environmental Protection Agency Star Graduate Education Fellowships
- Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Postgraduate Scholarship for Careers in Athletics
- Fellowships Through The Association for Asian Studies
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Program
- Fulbright Program for US Students
- Graduate School–Student Aid on the WEB
- Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship Awards
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
- IIE Fulbright Fellowships
- International Education Financial Aid
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowships Program
- Junior Auxiliary of Greenville, Miss. Scholarship
- McNair Scholars Funding
- Mississippi Teacher Fellowship Program
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- The Rhodes Trust Scholarships
- Rise Up Mississippi – Student Aid
- SallieMae College Planning
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowships
- Walmart Foundation Associate Scholarships
- WREI Congressional Fellows on Women and Public Policy