Graduate & Continuing Studies
Graduate students at Delta State have a number of funding opportunities including fellowships, scholarships, loans, and Graduate Assistantships. Students may qualify for financial assistance through the university’s Financial Aid Office after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Graduate Assistantships (GA-ship) offer students the opportunity to work for Delta State. Most assistantships offer free tuition, and some pay a small monthly stipend. GA-ships are competitive. These opportunities provide students an excellent chance to get experience in their chosen field while continuing their education.
A GA-ship will require an application process, a minimum grade point average, and typically an interview. In order to be considered for a GA position, the graduate student must complete the GA Application and return to the Office of Graduate Studies prior to seeking employment or being re-employed at the onset of each academic year. A professional resume must accompany the application.
Once a graduate student is selected for a position with a University department, the GA Contract must be completed by both parities. The completed contract is due to the Office of Graduate Studies by the 1st Friday of each term (summer terms) or 2nd Friday of the term (fall/spring).
There are a number of additional outside funding opportunities for graduate students which can be found at the following links:
- American Association of University Women
- Boren Awards for International Study
- Environmental Protection Agency Star Graduate Education Fellowships
- Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Postgraduate Scholarship for Careers in Athletics
- Fellowships Through The Association for Asian Studies
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Program
- Fulbright Program for US Students
- Graduate School–Student Aid on the WEB
- Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship Awards
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
- Institute of International Education (IIE) Fulbright Fellowships
- International Education Financial Aid
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowships Program
- McNair Scholars Funding
- Mississippi Teacher Fellowship Program
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowships
- WREI Congressional Fellows on Women and Public Policy
- State of Mississippi Student Aid