Finance and Administration
The Vice President for Finance and Administration, James Rutledge, is the only Delta State University vice president assigned direct administrative responsibility by the IHL Board of Trustees, being delegated an administrative purview under the direction of the University President that includes all financial matters of the University.
In this capacity, the Chief Financial Officer prepares and monitors the University budget and supervises the receipt, custody, and disbursement of funds; accounting and financial reporting; auxiliary enterprises; the maintenance and improvement of the University’s physical plant; the procurement of essential services, supplies and equipment; and property inventories. The Vice President for Finance and Administration also administers the University’s personnel program for non-academic employees.
Finance and Administration Departments
- University Accounting: Payroll, Budgeting, Grant Accounting
- Procurement and Auxiliary Services: Travel, Accounts Payable, & Property Control
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources
- Delta Dining
- Jimmy R. Williams Bookstore (Barnes & Noble)
- Student Business Services: Student Accounts, Okra Kard, & Accounts Receivable
University Budget Committee
The University Budget Committee has created a website containing meeting minutes and handouts. The website is updated after each UBC meeting. This website is intended to keep the university community informed on budget issues.
The website contains an electronic suggestion box. Suggestions on how we might better manage our resources, related ideas or comments, may be submitted through the suggestion box. Suggestions remain anonymous unless a name is included in the text of the submission. Responses to suggestions made to the suggestion box are viewable at the “Responses to Suggestions” link.
The website, only accessible via on-campus computers, is located at http://budget.deltastate.edu/login.aspx.
Delta State University Annual Budget
A printed copy of the University’s current budget is available in the Roberts-LaForge Library by September 1 and summarized budget information can be accessed at the links below:
- 2019 Annual Budget (requires authentication)
- 2018 Annual Budget (requires authentication)
- 2017 Annual Budget (requires authentication)
- 2016 Annual Budget (requires authentication)
- 2015 Annual Budget (requires authentication)
- 2014 Annual Budget (requires authentication)
- 2013 Annual Budget (requires authentication)
Internal Control Plan
The University’s Internal Control Plan is reviewed annually by the university. Mr. James Rutledge is the university’s Internal Control Officer. The Internal Control plan is viewable.