This imposing stone and brick library building occupies a commanding position on the southeastern edge of the campus. The library carries the names of the late Senator W.B. Roberts of Rosedale, Mississippi, in recognition of his service to the State and University as well as the name of Dr. William F. LaForge, in recognition of his 35 years of service to the University as Professor of History, Chair of Social Sciences and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences from 1957 until his death in 1992. It houses a growing and well-chosen collection of books, periodicals, and government documents, as well as serving as the gateway to a large and expanding number of electronic resources selected to support the academic programs of Delta State University. A recently completed expansion and renovation of this facility resulted in a beautifully furnished and well equipped library that provides expanded collection and study space, a bibliographic instruction facility, two computer labs, and the Instructional Resources Center.