Office of Counseling Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What services does the Campus Counseling Center offer?
A: The Campus Counseling Center in a confidential setting provides university students with individual and group assistance in adapting to stressful situations while attending DSU.  Examples such as adjusting to the university environment, COVID 19 stressors, relationship issues with roommate, professors, parents, significant other, choosing a vocation, selecting a major, and solving personal, social, and educational difficulties are common reasons students utilize counseling.

Q: Who can use the Campus Counseling Center?
A: All members of the Delta State University community (students, faculty, and staff) are eligible to use our services.

Q: Is there a fee?
A: There is no fee.

Q: What if I have concerns about a friend or roommate?
A: Make a report through DSU C.A.R.E.S-Campus Action Referral & Evaluation System T-BEAR (Behavioral Encouragement, Awareness, Responses click the link to submit a report

Q: How do I make an appointment?
A: To schedule a consultation, please call (662) 846-4690 or email us . Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM (Fall and Spring semesters) Monday-Thursday 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM (Summer). We are conveniently located in the back of the Student Health building.

Q: Does the Campus Counseling Center offer other services?
A: Yes. We administer the National ACT, ACT residual, Miller Analogies Test (MAT) and CLEP (College Level Education Program). Contact our office at for further information.

Q: What do I do if I have an after-hours emergency?
A: Contact the University Police department at 662-846-4155 or 911 if you are away from campus.