|Delta State Continuing Education will host several upcoming classes for adults and children of our campus and community. Please view the details below for each and contact the Office of Continuing Education if you are interested in registering.
Pre-registration is required for all of our classes, due to limited space. To register, contact 662-846-4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment must be received for classes before the registration deadline printed.
– P90X Live Group Fitness: Find strength in numbers by joining a group fitness classes where you will see RESULTS! This class is open to all fitness types and modifications for exercises will be available. Class will be held on Thursdays from Oct. 19 to Nov. 16 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The cost is only $30 for five weeks of class, and TJ Hendrix, certified instructor, will lead the exercises. Pre-registration required.
– Pumpkin Decorating: Children in 4K and 5K kindergarten will decorate a pumpkin and make several fall and Halloween crafts to take home to their family. This class will be held Wednesday, Oct. 25 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. for $20 (all supplies provided).
– Artistic U: The Basics of Knitting: participants will learn different knitting stitches, how to read a pattern, and start/complete a project in the class. Class will meet on Mondays, Nov. 6 to Nov. 27 at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $25 with all supplies provided. This is a great opportunity to learn a new hobby this fall!
– Pinterest Inspired Creations: Participants will learn how to craft and decorate three Pinterest inspired items for their home or as a gift. This class will learn how to paint and decorate hand tea towels, make homemade candle wax squares, and create a fabric tag wreath. This class will be held Tuesday, Nov, 7 at 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required by Nov. 1. All supplies will be included in the price.
– Wellness Wake-up!: When is the last time that you took a moment to consider your wellbeing in all areas of your life? Join us for a crash course wellness intensive to help you reset your focus on what you need. Attendees will be engaged in personal awareness and growth opportunities to explore their own wellness journey. This class will be held on Thursday, Nov. 16 from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. Participants are welcome to bring their lunch to the class. Cost will be $10. Presenter will be Cat Vincent, MA, LPC, NCC, LPC-S.
Check the Continuing Education website at www.deltastate.edu/coned for additional opportunities. Don’t forget that pre-registration is required for all classes.