DSU Office of Information Technology Holds Reception for Departing Employees

By April 27, 2023Faculty/Staff
Chris Geiger (L) and Rutger Baukman of DSU OIT were honored with a going away party Wednesday at the President’s Dining Hall.

CLEVELAND, Miss. — The Delta State University Office of Information Technology said goodbye to two long-time employees with a reception in the President’s Dining Hall Wednesday, April 25 at 2:00 p.m. Enterprise applications director Christopher Giger and network technician Rutger Baukman are departing this week, and friends and colleagues gathered to wish them well.

Giger said, “I’ve been here pretty much my whole career. I’ve made a lot of good friends over the years, and worked with a lot of good people and had a lot of good bosses. It’s a big change, but it’s going to be a good change.”

Giger is going to work for a higher education consulting firm. “I’ll be doing consulting work and managing consultants’ work for other schools across the country.”

Baukman said, “I’m so grateful for my time at Delta State. I’m excited to take what I learned here and apply it elsewhere.” Baukman will be going to work at Northwest Community College in Senatobia.