Statesmen Spotlight: Family Trio Masters 2021

(L-R) Carrie Jarrett Henderson, Leslie Branch Warrington, Will Jarrett

CLEVELAND, Miss. – A mother, Leslie Branch Warrington, and two of her children, Carrie Jarrett Henderson and Will Jarrett, all earned their master’s degrees from Delta State University in 2021. Get to know them in this Statesmen Spotlight. 

Where do you consider your hometown?

Leslie: Morgan City

Carrie: Greenwood

Will: Greenwood

What degrees do you have, from where and when did you receive them?

Leslie

Delta State

Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing (1987)

Master of Business Administration (2021)

Carrie

The University of Louisiana at Monroe

Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management and Marketing (2015)

Master of Occupational Therapy (2017)

Delta State

Will

Delta State

Bachelor of Science in HPER Outdoor Recreation Management with a minor in coaching (2019) Master of Sports Management (2021)

What are your plans now that you have a master’s degree? What are your professional/work plans?

Leslie: It was a personal goal. The world of Healthcare Administration is evolving almost daily, so staying current is essential to my facility and my patient base, no matter where I serve. I’ve had first-hand experience with this as the Director of Behavioral Health Unit at North Sunflower Medical Center and Sunflower Management Group for the past 20 years.

Carrie: I have been in the healthcare field for 11 years as an occupational therapy practitioner and wanted to be able to expand my skill set and be able to explore other career options within the healthcare community. My ultimate goal is to eventually work in healthcare administration or healthcare law. I am currently a Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator for naviHealth in Bryant, Arkansas, and I will also continue to work as an Occupational Therapist.

Will: I am the Sports Information Director at Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas.

What professors made an impact on you at Delta State and why?

Leslie: Elise Dreaden Jenkins was very influential in the marketing field back in the late 80s, and I enjoyed all of my online classes in the master’s program.

Carrie: Honestly, obtaining my masters during the pandemic and having all online classes, I wasn’t able to fully get to know my professors. I will say that Dr. Lisa Cooley played a large part in going back to get my MBA and helping me navigate courses.

Will: Dr. Todd Davis provided insight and guidance throughout my undergraduate and master’s program.

What’s an interesting fact most people don’t know about you?

Leslie: I enjoy participating in half marathons.

Carrie: I lived in Oregon for two and a half years working as a travel occupational therapist.

Will: I have two brothers-in-law from England.

What’s at the top of your travel bucket list and why?

Leslie: Iceland and Egypt are next on my travel list.

Carrie: Iceland and Bali because both look like beautiful places to explore.

Will:  Barcelona, Spain, to experience the culture and to watch FC Barcelona.