The Office of Student Affairs at Delta State recently hosted the second annual Lady Statesman Emerald Awards of Excellence at the the 2018 Women’s Conference.
The conference, along with the annual Men’s Conference, was instituted by Dr. Vernell Bennett, vice president for Student Affairs.
This year’s Lady Statesman Emerald Award of Excellence winners, which recognized female students, faculty and staff, included:
- Top Student Leader – Michaella Wheatley
- Top International Student – Marwa Cherraf
- Most Spirited – Kaitlyn Bryant
- Top Resident Assistant – Katherine White
- Most Talented – Elizabeth Wickliffe
- Top Residence Hall Manager – Candace Ball
- Top Student Organization President – Porsche Chambers
- Top Fan – Rachel Stephens
- Community Service Award – Taylor Johnson
- Top Panhellenic Council Sorority – Delta Delta Delta Sorority
- Top National Pan-Hellenic Council Sorority – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- College of Educations & Human Sciences Undergraduate Scholar – Etta Kathryn Jennings
- College of Education & Human Sciences Graduate Scholar – Elizabetta Zengaro
- College of Education & Human Sciences Doctoral Scholar – Barbara Boschert
- College of Business & Aviation Scholar – Mara Clara Belisario
- College of Arts & Sciences Scholar – Rebecca Hamilton
- Robert E. Smith School of Nursing Scholar – Skylar Kuehn
- Top Women’s Basketball Scholar – Aspriona Gilbert
- Top Cheer Scholar – Porsha Gatson
- Top Women’s Cross Country Scholar – Sarah Mumme
- Top Women’s Soccer Scholar – Cath Thomson
- Top Softball Scholar – Taylor Johnson
- Top Swim/Dive Scholar – Hailey Leonard
- Top Women’s Tennis Scholar – Charlotte le Flohic
* Top Administrator – Dr. Vernell Bennett
* Top Director Award – Julie Jackson
* Top Faculty Award – Dr. Tomeka Harbin
* Top Female Staff – Tarnisha Smith
The Women’s Conference is hosted each spring and the Men’s Conference is held each fall. The Emerald Awards of Excellence are held for both conferences. Students submit nominations in person and online. Each conference features keynote speakers, plenary sessions, workshops, a luncheon, a community service project and social events.