In a search that began with 35 initial candidates for the position of Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at Delta State University, the appointed search committee has selected four candidates to participate in on-campus visits next week, Nov. 12-15, Monday-Thursday.
From its initial 35, the committee reduced the list to 12, with 11 participating in off-campus interviews with the committee. The twelfth withdrew before the interviews.
This past week, the committee and Greenwood & Associates conducted reference checks on seven of the 11 remaining candidates.
From that discussion, four candidates were selected to move forward in the interview process. Those applicants will now visit the Delta State campus. The interview days and candidates are:
Monday, November 12
Dr. Anthony Koyzis, Dean of the School of Education, Wayne State College, Wayne, Nebraska
Tuesday, November 13
Dr. Ann Lotven, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Texas A&M – Texarkana, Texarkana, Texas
Wednesday, November 14
Dr. Vagn Hansen, Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, University of North Alabama, Florence, Alabama
Thursday, November 15
Dr. Debbie Norris, Vice President for Planning & Assessment, Mississippi College, Clinton, Mississippi
Two open meetings are scheduled for each candidate.
12:00 – 1:30 pm
Presentation and open meeting with faculty
3:00 – 3:45 pm
Open meeting with students, staff, and community
Student Union – Second floor east lobby
Delta State faculty, staff and students, as well as the community may attend either meeting in the event of a conflict. Evaluations form on each candidate will be available at the completion of the meeting.
A complete set of each candidate’s application materials can be found at http://provostsearch.deltastate.edu.
Dr. Phyllis Bunn, President of the Faculty Senate for the 2007-08 academic term and long-time College of Business professor, is chairing the Search Committee. She has been joined in her work by:
- Bill Hays – College of Arts & Sciences
- Garry Jennings – College of Arts & Sciences
- Tracy Mims – College of Arts & Sciences
- Rie Somlai – College of Arts & Sciences
- Darry Hardy – College of Business
- Jenetta Waddell – College of Education
- Scott Hutchens – College of Education
- Vicki Bingham – School of Nursing
- Jeff Slagell – President’s Cabinet/Academic Council
- Dr. Tyrone Jackson – Academic Support Staff
- Deborah Brick – Student Government Association
- Rori Herbison – Administrative Staff Council
- Dr. Jackie Thigpen – Community
- Greg Redlin – Ex-Officio (Staffing to the Committee)