Commencement and Graduation Information
On this page, you will find information related to graduation in general as well as information related to the commencement ceremony. Information is provided below on applying for graduation, diploma processing and delivery for recent graduates, and ordering a replacement or additional diploma. If you have any questions, please reach out to our office via email at email@example.com.
Commencement Ceremony Information
The Fall 2022 Commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bologna Performing Arts Center on December 9th at 10 am and 2 pm. All graduate candidates and School of Nursing undergraduate candidates will be in the 10 am ceremony. The remaining undergraduate candidates will be in the 2 pm ceremony.
Guests and Candidates, please use the links below to access important information, the Commencement Program, and the event map for Commencement including photography locations.
Fall 2022 Commencement Guest Information
Fall 2022 Commencement Program
Fall 2022 Commencement Event Map
Use the link below to view the live stream of the ceremonies or to access the recording after the ceremonies.
Live Streaming Webcast of the Ceremony
Information for Candidates for Graduation
The Fall 2022 Commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bologna Performing Arts Center on December 9th at 10 am and 2 pm. The designation of which graduates will be walking in each ceremony is TBD and will be updated as soon as possible. Please use the link below to access the latest graduation information.
Fall 2022 Student Commencement and Graduation Information_v4
Every candidate for graduation for Fall 2022 participating in the ceremony must take the Commencement Participation Survey by Friday, April 1st. Use the link below to take the survey.
Commencement Participation Survey
Fall 2022 candidates for graduation and Summer candidates walking in the ceremony must take the Graduation Exit Survey. Students participating in the ceremony will only be allowed to pick up guest tickets once they have completed the survey. Use the link below to take the survey.
Graduation Exit Survey
Apply to Graduate
Please see below for instructions on how to apply for graduation.
- Go to myDSU
- Select Login under myDSU Portal
- Login with your username/password • User ID is the first part of your OKRAmail (your username) • Your password is the same password you use to access your OKRAmail. If you need to retrieve your User ID or reset your password, use the following link and scroll to the Okra Mail section: https://www.deltastate.edu/mydsu/
- Click on DSU Online Services
- Click the four-square icon in the upper left of the screen
- Click Banner
- Click on “Student Services and Financial Aid”
- Click on “Student Services and Financial Aid” again
- Click on “Graduation Application”
- Enter your latest term of attendance (usually will be the current term)
- Select the degree for the graduation application
- Please see the Commencement Information document posted above for specific information on the delivery of diplomas. In general, diplomas will be available for pick-up or to be mailed starting 1.5 to 2 months after the commencement ceremony.
- All fees must be paid and all holds must be cleared for your diploma to be released. Diploma pick-up dates and times will be sent out via email as soon as they are determined.
- Diplomas are 8.5×11 in size and only display a student’s degree type (i.e. Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, etc.). Major is not included on the diploma but is included on the transcript.
- Diplomas are available for either pick-up or delivery via mail. We cannot be responsible for the U.S. Post Office’s handling of the diploma, so it is suggested, if possible, that you pick up your diploma in person once they are available. Please email the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to pick up your diploma.
- If your diploma is not picked up during the designated pickup time according to the Information document or email from our office, it will be mailed to the address listed on your application. If you have recently moved/or will move after graduation, please update your address with the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.
Replacement or Additional Diploma Orders
Please call our office at 662-8464040 to request a replacement or additional diploma. To place your order, we will need your name, student id (900#), date of birth, address, phone number, and credit card information. Please note the costs are $20 for the diploma, $10 for the diploma cover (optional), and $10 for the mailing fee. Additional costs will be assessed for international mailing. It takes 3-4 weeks for our office to order, receive and mail the diploma.