Campus Counseling Center

Campus Counseling Center

The Campus Counseling Center provides university students with individual and group assistance for adapting to stressful situations while attending DSU. The professional staff are trained to help with clinical issues such as depression, anxiety, grief, anger, trauma and alcohol and drug abuse. The Center also provides alcohol, and chemical dependency information, brochures, and treatment referrals. Other services include assistance for: adjusting to the university environment; resolving relationship issues with a roommate, professor, parents or significant other; choosing a vocation; selecting a major; and, solving personal, social and educational difficulties.

Counseling services are also available to faculty and staff. These services are FREE and confidential to students, faculty and staff. To schedule a consultation with a counselor,  please click on the link below:

Schedule Consultation

Testing Services

Additionally, national standardized admission tests such as the ACT, ACT residual and MAT are administered.  Academic credit can be gained through the College Level Education Program (CLEP) administered in the office. Testing is done by appointment only. For further information and to schedule testing, please contact us at

T-BEAR (Behavior Encouragement, Awareness, Response)

Are you concerned about a DSU student? Have you witnessed a significant change in their behavior? Do you feel helpless with how to get them the help they so desperately seem to need? Click on the button below to initiate help in supporting you! Submit the name and contact information of your (Person of Concern). Record what you are aware of and concerned about and T-BEAR will attempt to reach out compassionately to make contact with that individual. If it is during business hours 8 AM – 5 PM, you can walk with the person to Campus Counseling (662) 846-4690 in the Student Health Building or call with the person in your presence so they can make a verbal commitment to an appointment for a future time.