In advance of Veterans Day, Delta State University is honored to announce it has earned 2018 Military Friendly® School designation.
The Military Friendly rating program was started in 2003 as an advocacy vehicle to encourage civilian organizations to invest in programs to recruit, retain and advance veterans as employees, entrepreneurs and students.
The list of Military Friendly Schools and Military Friendly Schools ratings are assessed through the evaluation of both public data about the institutions and proprietary data gathered through the free Military Friendly Schools survey. The annual, data-driven survey assessment is offered at no cost to more than 8,800 institutions nationwide.
Dr. Charles McAdams, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs at Delta State, said the institution has always made the effort to assist active military members and veterans.
“There are specific standards Delta State must meet to maintain our designation as a Military Friendly School,” said McAdams. “Each year, we report on our activities and types of support for our veterans. We are very committed to supporting active military and veterans. Veterans made the effort and sacrifice to serve our country, and Delta State honors their service by supporting them in their efforts to obtain a degree.”
To verify as a Military Friendly school, the university must provide three of more of the following federal programs:
- Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill)
- Official commitment to the Eight Keys to Veterans’ Success
- VA’s Principles of Excellence
- Federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- DoD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Veteran Success on Campus (VSOC) Program
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Network
“Delta State University is very proud of this designation, and we want veterans to know that they are welcome and supported here,” added McAdams.
Learn more about the rankings at http://militaryfriendly.com.