Division of Teacher Education, Leadership, and Research
Training professionals to excel in teaching, service, leadership roles, and responsibility. There are 3 tracks to choose from, each with a specialized program of study. Click below to view courses for each track.
Important Dates for Graduates
- February 3: Last day to submit dissertation draft for spring 2018 defense
- March 9: Last day to defend dissertation for spring 2018 graduation
- April 7: Last day to submit revised dissertation for spring 2018 graduation
- September 1: Last day to submit dissertation draft for fall 2018 defense
- October 19: Last day to defend dissertation for fall 2018 graduation
- November 1: Last day to submit revised dissertation for fall 2018 graduation
- February 1: Last day to submit dissertation draft for spring 2019 defense
- March 8: Last day to defend dissertation for spring 2019 graduation
- April 1: Last day to submit revised dissertation for spring 2019 graduation
Candidates applying to the program will need the following evidence/documents:
- Master’s or an Educational Specialist degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of two years experience in teaching or an equivalent area
- Graduate transcripts
- Scores from the GRE Verbal and Quantitative
- GRE writing scores
- Doctoral Portfolio
For specific requirements, please contact the coordinator.
Admission Fulfillment Standards
- Points earned in the verbal and quantitative sections will be added to give a GRE rating
- GPA on all graduate work must be submitted
- A weighted point system will be given to each of the criteria above. Once a students has a sufficient score, instructions on the portfolio and structured interview process will be provided
For admission to the doctoral program, students are required to submit a portfolio. The following information may help students meet this requirement.
As a requirement for admission to the doctoral program, a student must develop and submit a copy of a portfolio to the Doctoral Program Coordinator no later than September 1st for spring admission or February 1st for summer or fall admission. The following information will serve as a guide for students in meeting this requirement.
- Submit all portfolio materials electronically in one continuous document to Dr. Jacqueline Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All work should be neatly and accurately typed, double-spaced using at least a 12-point font.
- Each section should contain a heading as well as a description of materials included in the section.
- The portfolio will remain confidential and will become a part of the doctoral student’s file.
Spring admission – September 1
Summer admission – February 1
Fall admission – February 1
Get textbooks for courses here.
- Registrar’s Office
152 Kent Wyatt Hall, 662-846-4040
- Graduate Studies
239 Kent Wyatt Hall, 662-846-4700
- Student Business Services
131 Kent Wyatt Hall, 662-846-4698
- Student Financial Aid
144 Kent Wyatt Hall, 662-846-4670
- Teacher Education, Leadership and Research
Ewing Hall, 662-846-4370