About Rising Scholars
The Rising Scholars Program provides scholarships to help high school students cover college courses while still in high school. Our goal is to improve the chances of high school students being able to attend college and work after graduation.
Are You Eligible to Apply?
High School students need a grade point average of 3.5 and an ACT score of 21 or higher. Applications must have at least a subscore of 21 in the related subject area to enroll in a class:
- English subscore of 21= must enroll in an English course
- Math subscore of 21= must enroll in a Math course
- Science subscore of 21= must enroll in a Science course
What are the requirements to apply?
High school students will need to submit the following:
- 1 letter of recommendation from either a principal or guidance counselor
- An official submission of ACT scores from their guidance counselor (including ACT subscores)
- A high school transcript
- A Rising Scholars Application must be completed.
What courses are available?
The courses listed are approved by Delta State University for high school students to earn college credits:
- General Biology I
- English Composition I & II
- Introduction to Literature
- US History I & II
- Computer Programming
- Introduction to Art
- Poetry Writing Workshops
- Introduction to Ceramics
*Note: You may list and enroll in ANY face-to-face college course other than the courses listed above by browsing the course catalog at deltastate.edu