The McNair Research Scholars program at Delta State University provides eligible undergraduate students with paid critical research experiences, preparation for graduate school entrance exams such as GRE, GMAT, MCAT, NCLEX, and Praxis, mentoring, professional skills, and assistance with the graduate application process. In order to apply for this program, you must fit into one of two categories.
McNair Research Scholars Application
- A. Qualify as a first-generation college student AND meet low-income guidelines established by the United States Department of Education OR
- B. Be a member of an ethnic group that is underrepresented in graduate school education.
On top of this, we are specifically looking for students who want to enroll in graduate school to ultimately earn a Ph.D. If you feel like you meet the eligibility requirements, as defined above and on the eligibility page, please apply to this program!
McNair Application Documentation:
- Complete an Online Application, which can be found down below.
- Construct a 300-500 word Essay explaining your interest in the McNair Scholars Program. Explain your academic and career goals, as well as why you want to participate in this program.
- Obtain and submit Two Letters of Recommendation.
- This can be any faculty or staff member who is aware of your academic performance and work. They do not have to be employed by Delta State University.
- A template is provided on the Resources page.
- Submit an unofficial copy of your transcript.
- Submit a copy of your most recent FASFA and current federal income tax return for documentation.
Each applicant’s supplementary Application Documentation must be submitted to email@example.com after completing the online application.
McNair Research Scholars Program Online Application:
Statement of Confidentiality: The information requested in this application is for the purpose of determining the applicant’s eligibility for the McNair Research Scholars Program. Information received is treated as confidential.