Graduate & Honor Studies

Graduate Programs

Please note that “Traditional Programs” are the only graduate level programs eligible for F1 visa approval. International Applicants must apply through International Student Services.

To enroll in coursework, non-degree students must have permission from the DSU department chair or graduate coordinator of the department in which the courses are offered. There is no obligation on the part of the department offering the degree program to accept coursework taken by students in non-degree status. Before completion of a Non-Degree Form, a student must complete the graduate school admissions process. Students enrolled as non-degree who decide to pursue a degree must make application to the Graduate Studies Office as a degree seeking student.

Non Degree Form

Non-degree students do not have access to federal financial aid (Graduate Bulletin p. 19). Non-degree students are not eligible for Graduate Assistantships (GA-ships).

Many professions require annual continuing education units (CEUs) for certification. CEUs are awarded to individuals for participation in organized non-credit activities that provide unified and systematic instruction for a set length of time, meet specific criteria, and are subject to goal achievement or participant performance evaluation. A permanent record of an individual’s CEUs is maintained for a minimum of seven years.

Continuing Education Units

The Delta Area Association for the Improvement of Schools (DAAIS) offers CEUs to those interested in pursuing other courses outside of the Graduate and Continuing Studies. The DAAIS also tailors the classes to educators interested in a structured approach to learning. Information on DAAIS can be found at

Contact Us

Graduate & Continuing Studies
Kent Wyatt Hall 239
Cleveland, MS 38733

p: 662-846-4700
f: 662-846-4313



Important Links