Academic Honesty Policy/Grievance Policy/FERPA
Students have both responsibilities and rights that guarantee the value of a Delta State diploma, ensure the integrity of each student’s degree, and protect students’ academic privacy.
- DSU Policy on Academic Honesty
- Academic Grievance Policy-Undergraduate
- Academic Grievance Policy-Graduate
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): FERPA provides the faculty member the right to discuss issues pertaining to a student’s performance with only DSU employees who have a legitimate educational interest. For instance, if a faculty member is concerned about a student, the faculty member may submit an alert to the appropriate DSU department.
For assistance using Canvas, you can click the help icon in your course, or refer to the Canvas Student Guide. If you experience technical difficulties, or need technical assistance with this course, please contact OIT’s 24-hour Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 662-846-4444 or 866-264-1465 (toll free). Please include the course name and your 900# when contacting the Help Desk.
Student Support Services
Student Success Center
The Student Success Center provides educational learning services and assistance for all students.
The Roberts-LaForge Library provides numerous resources and services for students, faculty, and staff. Along with the diverse print collections there are thousands of full-text journals and eBooks available 24/7 through its website. It also houses a computer lab, group study rooms, and individual study spaces. Research assistance is always available and additional material can be ordered from across the country using Interlibrary Loan.
Writing Resources for Students
- Roberts-LaForge Library
- Resources for Writing-Enhanced Courses
- Student Success Center
- Writing Center: Services include individual assistance at all stages of the writing process, including: brainstorming, discovering a thesis, organizing and developing and argument, sentence structure, documentation style, and resumes and letters of application.
ADA Statement and Disability Services
For assistance with and to make arrangements for accommodation for disabilities, please contact Disability Services, at the O.W. Reilly Student Health Building, 662-846-4690. It is the responsibility of students who have professionally diagnosed disabilities to notify the disability coordinator and present documentation in a timely manner so that necessary and/or appropriate modifications can be made to meet any special learning needs.
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.
Sexual Harassment Statement
In accordance with Title IX, Delta State University is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from sexual and gender-based discrimination, harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, sexual intimidation, stalking, dating violence, domestic violence, or any other behavior that is non-consensual or has the purpose or effect of coercing a person or persons. For questions or concerns about Title IX, please visit the Sexual Harassment Policy or contact the Title IX Coordinator at (662) 846-4690 or email email@example.com.
All syllabi are based on the most recent information about the course content and schedule planned for the course. Their contents are subject to revision as needed to adapt to new knowledge or unanticipated events.