Graduate Business Programs
About the Program
The Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAC) program is fully online. It provides an in-depth study within the field of accounting. The program offers advanced study for individuals engaged in or seeking careers in public accounting, industry, and government.
Full admission to the Master of Professional Accountancy program may be granted to an applicant who:
- Has earned a baccalaureate degree in accounting which is fully accredited by one of the recognized accrediting agencies, and meets all other requirements for admission to Graduate School.
- Has a GPA of 2.75 in all accounting courses, with no grade less than a “C” in the following courses: Intermediate Accounting (6 hours), Tax Accounting, Cost Accounting, Auditing, Advanced Accounting, and Fund Accounting.
- Has a GPA of 3.0 on all upper-division courses, exclusive of accounting courses.
- Has a GPA of 3.0 on all business core courses, with no grade less than a “C” for 15 hours for the following: Accounting Systems, Finance, Management Principles, Strategic Management, and Marketing Principles, 3 hours each.
- Has completed, secured approval for, and filed a program of study
Admission with Academic Conditions. An applicant lacking no more than two of the core prerequisite courses as specified above may be admitted conditionally with an academic hold, provided, the applicant has met the GPA requirements, major GPA of 2.75 or a business score GPA of 3.0 or better. The applicant must earn at least a grade of “B” in each of the first 3 courses in order to continue in the program.
~The GMAT requirement has been temporarily waived.
Total required credit hours: 30 hours
Required accounting core courses (21 hours):
- ACC 600: Managerial Accounting (3 hours)
- ACC 610: Financial Accounting – Theory & Analysis (3 hours)
- ACC 630: Advanced Accounting Information Systems (3 hours)
- ACC 650: Federal Taxation Theory & Research (3 hours)
- ACC 676: Advanced Auditing (3 hours)
- ACC 677: Fraud Examination (3 hours)
- ACC 693 Commercial Law (3 hours)
Approved electives (9 hours)
The following electives are approved for credit in the MPAC program curriculum. Any other electives must be approved by the Chair of Accountancy.
- ACC 620
- ACC 655
- ACC 688
- ACC 690
- ACC 694
- ACC 695
- ACC 696
- ACC 697
- CIS 600
- CIS 601
- ECO 612
- FIN 600
- FIN 601
- FIN 605
- FIN 625
- MGT 600
- MGT 605
- MGT 625
- MGT 640
- MGT 653
- MKT 600
See course catalog for course descriptions.
A candidate for the Master of Professional Accountancy degree is required to meet the following:
- Fulfill the general requirements for a graduate degree at Delta State University
- Complete, secure approval for, and file a program of study
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate credit consisting of 21 hours in core accounting courses and 9 hours of approved electives
- Include in the program of study a minimum of 24 semester hours of 600-level courses
- Earn and maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 overall
Students who earn grades of three “C’s” or one grade of “D” or “F” will be dismissed from the program.
Request More Info
Address and Mailing
Graduate Business & Aviation Programs
College of Business and Aviation
DSU Box 3294 Broom 141
Cleveland, MS 38733