- Administration Certification, University of Mississippi, Completed in 1997
- M.Ed., Elementary Education, Delta State University, Completed in 1995
- B.S.E., Elementary Education, Delta State University, Completed in 1991
- I have 30 years of experience in elementary education with 17 years teaching in the classrooms and 13 years in administration.
- I taught students ELA for 7 years before going into administration. I spent the next 13 years working as an assistant principal or the principal of several schools.
- I performed the duties of an assistant principal for a K-3 elementary school in the East Tallahatchie School District for 7 years. I also held the title of District Staff Development Coordinator during this time and was the District Grant Coordinator for 1 year.
- I performed the duties of an assistant principal for a 5-8 middle school in the East Tallahatchie School District for 1 year.
- While working with the East Tallahatchie School District, I assisted with the writing and awarding of several grants totaling a little over one million dollars in 6 years. I was part of a team of educators fulfilling the various grant responsibilities through professional development, classroom observations, and financial obligations.
- I performed the duties of elementary principal for Bayou Academy in Cleveland for 5 years.
- I left Bayou and returned to the classroom where I taught at Bell Academy in the Cleveland School District for the last 10 years. I retired in December of 2021.
- CEL 312
- CEL 496