Ambulance? Dial 9-911
Other Emergencies? Dial 4155
For quickest response in on-campus emergency situations, it is best to dial the Delta State Campus Police Department at 662-846-4155. Dialing 911 on campus phones yields nothing, since the phone system only connects when it receives a 4-digit number.
Dialing 9-911 will connect to the Bolivar County Emergency Communications Center and is the best number to dial for an ambulance.
For other emergencies, the Bolivar County Emergency Communications Center will route the 9-911 call to the DSU Police Department. So, unless an ambulance is needed, save time and phone the DSU Campus Police Department directly:
- Visitors to the Delta State University Campus may currently park in any zone or in any space designated as reserved for visitor parking.
- If visitors who park on campus receive a parking citation, they may call the University Police Department at 662-846-4155 and ask that the parking citation be remanded.
- Visitors are responsible for handicapped parking or moving violations that are a violation of state law.
- During ticketed events at the Bologna Performing Arts Center (BPAC), the campus has open parking and parking zones are not enforced.
- University Police enforces traffic violations for all persons in or around campus at all times.
DSU: a Smoke-Free Campus
Delta State University prohibits the use of all tobacco products on its campus. For more information on DSU’s Tobacco Free Policy, please click here.
Construction Projects at DSU that might disrupt parking or traffic:
- Zeigel Hall, affecting Quad parking, BPAC parking, and some traffic on Washington Avenue (through May 2018)
- Young-Mauldin Dining Hall, affecting traffic on Washington Avenue, and parking on areas surrounding the Dining Hall (through August 1, 2018)
- Statesmen Boulevard construction, affecting travel and parking surrounding the Travis E. Parker Field/Horace McCool Stadium (July through remainder of 2017)
Recycling at DSU
Delta State University has partnered with the City of Cleveland to arrange for the pickup and disposal of certain recyclable materials from campus. There are three bins near the Young-Mauldin Dining Hall and the tennis courts that can hold various materials that can currently be recycled:
- #1 and #2 plastic materials (RINSED)
- Aluminum beverage and steel food cans (RINSED)
- Card board
- Paper board
- Junk mail
- Copy paper
- Paper sacks
- Paperback books
- Cereal and beverage boxes
NO Plastic bags
NO Hardback books
In addition, many buildings on campus have white fiberboard recycling receptacles with green lettering that identify them as recycling receptacles for beverage containers made of plastic or of aluminum.
For more information on what can, and what cannot, be recycled, visit the City of Cleveland website.