Some Tips for Writing Online Content
- Less is more! Use clear, meaningful and concise wording when writing.
- Write for the audience first. What are they looking for?
- Think of the main message you are trying to convey.
- Use effective headings to grab attention and engage the reader.
- Don’t be afraid to edit, edit, edit! If you feel the page doesn’t communicate your message, chances are it isn’t.
- When using hyperlinks:
- Write content that is focused on the user’s needs, not your own.
- Limit each paragraph to one key concept.
- Keep content short, use lists and short paragraphs.