Current Students: Employment Options

Elise Mallette
Union 308
DSU Box 3232
Cleveland, MS 38733
P: 662.846.4574
F: 662.846.4580

All on-campus and off-campus employment must be pre-approved by DSU’s International Student Services and meet United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) regulations.  Any unapproved employment can/will result in visa termination. For more information, please contact International Student Services, (662) 846-4574, Union 308.

On-Campus Employment

Undergraduate and graduate international students can work on campus as Regular Student Employees (RSE) but do not qualify for Federal Work Study (FWS). Graduate students can also work on-campus as a Graduate Assistant (GA).

On-Campus Guidelines & Application Process
Resume Tips
Sample Letter for On-Campus Employer
Sample Letter for Social Security Office
Statesmen Connect
GA Application
Employment Contacts

Regular Student Employment (RSE)

  • For all students, graduate or undergraduate
  • Availability depends on individual on-campus departmental openings
  • Hourly pay based on current U.S. minimum wage rate
  • Work hours depend on individual department

Graduate Assistant (GA)

  • For full-time graduate students only
  • Availability depends on individual on-campus department openings
  • Financial amount received and work hours vary depending on individual departments

: a device that is used to find direction by means of a needle that always points north
: something that helps a person make choices about what is right, effective, etc.