Student Government Association
Please read and review the following criteria necessary to be considered for the office of SGA Cabinet for the 2022-2023 academic year at Delta State University.
- Nominees must be enrolled as a full-time student in the current Spring 2022 semester.
- Nominees must have and maintain a 2.5 grade point average at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout the duration of the member’s term.
Once appointed, all members shall attend transition meetings with the previous cabinet until the installment of the new cabinet.
- Members shall attend a Cabinet Retreat over the summer break, to take place on Delta State’s campus.
- Members are expected to attend the weekly cabinet meetings and must meet an 80% attendance rate each semester.
- Members shall work at least three (3) hours in the designated SGA office per week. The exact number of hours required for each member is subject to vary depending on the member’s position.
- Members are expected to volunteer for and attend all Student Government sponsored events.
- Members shall perform any duties that the Student Government President assigns in accordance with the scope of the President’s authority as outlined in this Constitution.
The Chief of Staff is responsible for informing the student body of any legislative proceedings, which may affect the university.
The duties of this position include, yet are not limited to:
- To organize the brown bag luncheon at the Capitol each spring semester;
- To ensure all members of SGA are getting their office hours each week; and
- To assist other cabinet members in their roles.
The Director of Spirit and Traditions is responsible for organizing and promoting spirit and the traditions associated with the university. This person plans homecoming week festivities and works alongside the Office of Student Life to plan the homecoming parade and the presentation of the court at the football game.
The Director of Public Relations is responsible to make students aware of all events sponsored by the SGA and to establish good rapport with the public at large. This person will be in charge of all SGA social media accounts, as well as the Remind system.
The Directors of Diversity, Inclusion, and International Affairs works to bring unity among all cultures on campus by providing culturally diverse activities. This position is for two students to serve as co-directors, one of which must be an international student.
The Director of Athletic Affairs works with the Delta State Athletic Department to bring awareness to the student body about all of the athletic events.
The Director of The Big Green Event will be responsible for planning the Big Green Event each spring semester. The director shall form a committee of diverse students at the start of the fall semester and begin to reach out to the community for sponsorships and projects.