Course Enrollment


Delta State University establishes policy for enrollments in classes and programs and reserves the right to determine who is enrolled in a class and to control the presence of any person who is not enrolled in the class.




Student Enrollment in Classes

Students who are fully admitted to the university will enroll for classes online via DSU Online Services during the registration period. Registration dates are available on the Academic Calendar. Students should contact the Registrar’s office for registration information after registration has closed.

Prior to online course enrollment each semester, students must see their assigned advisor for advisement and to receive a required alternative PIN. If no advisor has been assigned, students will go to the department of their desired major for an advisor assignment.

The normal student academic load for undergraduates is 15 to 19 hours each regular semester. Enrollment beyond 19 hours must be approved by the student’s advisor, chair, and dean. The maximum number of hours a student may enroll in a regular semester is 24.

Verification of Class Rosters

Class rosters are available to faculty on DSU Online Services. Faculty will check class rosters for accuracy. The University has the right to determine who is enrolled in a class and to control the presence of the person who is not enrolled in the class. A non-enrolled person is allowed in the classroom only at the discretion of the instructor.

Enrollment of Non-Degree Graduate Students

To enroll in coursework, non-degree students must have permission from the department in which the courses are offered. There is no obligation on the part of the department offering a degree program to accept coursework taken by students in non-degree status. Students enrolled as non-degree who decide to pursue a degree must make application in the office of the college or school dean.

Suspension from a degree program for academic reasons will result in an Academic HOLD being placed on that student, preventing them from enrolling in classes. The dean in the college or school in which the student wishes to take other classes may override holds.

Responsible Office
and/or Policy Owner: Office of Academic Affairs







  • Academic Council approval:  04/14/2015; 01/30/2020
  • Cabinet Approved: 05/04/2015; 02/10/2020