Department of Music
Students are asked to submit a recorded audition. To submit your audition materials, please follow the following process:
- Say your name very clearly.
- Say the name of each scale or rudiment before playing it.
- Say “Prepared pieces” before playing your prepared pieces.
- Say “End of recording.”
Submit recording in .mp3 or.wav format only.
Recorded auditions must be received by Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Submit recordings to: DSUBands@gmail.com
- Major scales: Any two (2) major scales in as may octaves as comfortable, tongued ascending and slurred descending.
- Prepared Piece: One etude of your choice. Technical or Lyrical
- Rudiments: Nine-stroke roll, flam, and paradiddle performed at quarter = 120 and at quarter = 80 on a concert snare.
- Major scales: Any two (2) major scales (at least two octaves).
- Prepared Pieces: one short etude on any combination of snare, mallet, or timpani.
Ms. Sabrina Brasher, DSU Honor Band Coordinator: DSUBands@gmail.com