Veteran Affairs Education Benefits
Delta State University is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Mississippi State Approving Agency. More information regarding eligibility, entitlement and types of programs authorized for benefits may be obtained by calling the Veterans Administration Regional Office or by visiting the Veterans Administration Website.
Delta State University does not charge out-of-state tuition. All students, including students receiving VA education benefits, pay in-state tuition. Additional tuition is charged for non-resident aliens and students in the iMBA program.
The VA Certifying Official, located in the Registrar’s Office in Kent Wyatt Hall 152, will process the paperwork for students who qualify for Veterans Educational Benefits. All forms and documentation must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Please read the following document for an overview of the steps to apply for benefits:
Documents for the Certification Process
- VA Certification Information Sheet (please update as needed with address, phone, email info in line with school records) – Required
- Verification of VA Enrollment Sheet (please notify SCO directly of any changes) – Required
- Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA (if applying for benefits for the first time with DSU – available once your application with the VA is processed) – Recommended, not required
- Copy of most recent service member DD-214 if applicable – Required
- Copy of NOBE (Ch. 1606) – Required
- Kicker contract if applicable (Ch. 1606) – Required
Links to assist with applying for and managing your educational benefits with the VA
Registrar’s Office Contact Information
VA Certifying Official/Compliance Specialist
Kent Wyatt Hall 152
Cleveland, MS 38733