A student currently enrolled and actively pursuing a degree at another institution will be permitted to take classes at Delta State University on transient status. Transient student applications require a signed certification form which should be completed and mailed to:
The Office of Admissions
Delta State University
Kent Wyatt Hall 117
Cleveland, MS 38733
Following are the guidelines for enrolling as a transient student:
- Students must submit an application for admission, $25 application fee, a letter of good standing with signed approval from the degree seeking institution, and an immunization record.
- A student who has been admitted as a transient student is not fully admitted to the University.
- Until earning full admission to the University by meeting the admission standards set forth by the Institutions of Higher Learning, all records, including transcripts, will designate “transient status.”
- Transient students are subject to University regulations regarding attendance and academic standing.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that coursework completed at Delta State University will transfer to their degree seeking institution.
- Students will not be allowed to enroll in the following courses in an attempt to satisfy admission requirements: English Composition, College Algebra, and Laboratory based Science.
- Transient status also applies to online or off-campus courses.