Housing & Residence Life
- Complete the housing application
- Submit a $50 housing deposit
- Complete a resident hall preference card
- Complete a housing contract
- Submit a request for room reservation at the Housing & Residence Life office or in writing via letter or email.
*Room reservations will not be taken over the phone.
- A $50 deposit will be placed on the student account.
- A valid Okra Kard must be presented.
A request for housing cancellation must be made in writing to the Office of Housing & Residence Life by the deadline to receive a deposit refund in full.
Fall Deadline – August 1
Spring Deadline – December 15
Cancellation after these deadlines will result in forfeiture of deposit.
A current resident must terminate their contract by completing a Residence Hall Contract Cancellation Request Form available in the Office of Housing & Residence Life. A cancellation will result in a maximum charge of 50% of the first semester’s room fee. Charges are dependent upon the reason for cancellation.
Housing Deposit Refund
If an applicant finds it necessary to cancel a room reservation, the housing deposit is refunded only if the cancellation reaches the Housing Office before August 1st for the fall semester, December 1st for the spring semester, May 15th for Summer I term or June 15th for Summer II term. No deposits will be refunded during the first two (2) weeks of any session.
Refund of Living Expenses
A pro-rated refund will be made if a student moves out of the residence halls due to personal illness (confirmed in writing from a licensed physician) or at the request of the University for other than disciplinary reasons (i.e., marriage, academic suspension).
A percentage refund will be made if the student is forced to move out due to withdrawal from the University.
A student withdrawing from the residence hall for either of the two preceding reasons is entitled to a refund or room and board charges as follows:
- 1st day of class through 10th day – 75%
- 11th day of class through 20th day – 50%
- 21st day of classes through 25th day – 25%
- 26th day of classes – 0%