Frequently Asked Questions
What you need to know:
- Hours: Student Health Services are available Monday through Fridays, 7:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. The Certified Family Nurse Practitioner is accessable only between the hours 7 – 12. The Student Health Center will be closed all nights, weekends, interim periods between semesters and university holidays.
- Appointments: No appointments needed. We operate on a first-come, first-served basis with the exception of a true emergency.
- Doctors referrals: Doctors are available upon referral from the Health Center nurses only and will be seen as a work in to their regular appointments at the Cleveland Medical Mall on Hwy. 8 East. Other than the MD fee, other related expenses will be the responsibility of the student who was referred.
- Location: Located across from Brumby-Castle Hall, near the cafeteria, and behind the Student Union.
- Contact Us: 662-846-4630 or 662-846-4690/ email@example.com
- Eligibility: Full time student status; Fall/Spring semesters–12 hours per semester undergraduates, 9 hours per semester graduate students. Summer Sessions–6 hours per summer session. Campus residency is not a requirement for the use of student health.
- Confidentiality: No information will be released without a signed statement by the student receiving medical care.
- Specialty Services: Student Health Services does not offer any form of Birth Control. This service is available at the local health department.
- Lab Work / X-Rays / Injections: These services are referred to a local doctor’s office at the student’s expense.
- International Students: International students are required to have a chest X-Ray for tuberculosis. This must be completed after arrival in the United States at a local physicians office.