Home » Student Life » International Students » Admission Information » Pre-arrival Documentation

  Pre-arrival Documentation

  1. Immunization Record – Two dates for MMR vaccinations (Mumps, Measles, and Rubella) are required, along with a doctor’s signature. There must be at least 30 days between the first and second date. The date of the first vaccination must be after the first birthday.
  2. Housing Application – University housing is required for all persons under the age of 21 with less than 30 academic hours. The housing application requires a deposit of $50 US dollars.
  3. Health Insurance – International students are required to participate in the health insurance plan offered through the Lewer agency. The fee for health insurance is $444 per semester and will be automatically assessed with tuition and other student fees. Enrollment is mandatory unless the student is covered under a health plan offered through a U.S. employer, either as the employee or the dependent of an employee. Proof of such coverage must be submitted prior to arrival at Delta State University. Students who lose employer provided coverage during the school year must inform the International Student Advisor immediately.


Additional Health Related Requirements:

  • In addition to health insurance and immunization records, international students are required to have a chest x-ray to screen for tuberculosis. The chest x-ray will be conducted upon your arrival to the campus. There is a fee of $75 USD associated with this x-ray that must be paid directly to the attending physician.
  • International undergraduate students are required to submit additional documents prior to their arrival at Delta State University. The documents listed below should be mailed or faxed to the Office of Admissions within 30 days of receipt of the I-20. If the I-20 is received within 30 days of the start of the semester, the documents must be submited at least 5 days prior to the start of the semester.


Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) I-901 Visa Information

The Student and Visitor Exchange Program (SEVP), a division of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency, serves as a link between government agencies and colleges and universities. International students are required to apply for a student visa in order to study in the United States. Prior to the issuance of a student visa, an I-901 form must be completed and all required fees must be paid. The I-901 form can be accessed using the link below.

Student and Exchange Visitor Program. 


This page is maintained by the Office of Admissions