Home » Delta State University Policies » University Policies » Procurement » Relocation of Equipment
Relocation of Equipment
When DSU equipment items must be relocated to another area within the institution, the Property Control Office and Physical Plant must be notified in writing as far in advance as possible.
PROCEDURES and RESPONSIBILITIES
To expedite the moving process and to maintain accuracy of the room location of equipment, follow these instructions:
· Items to be moved should be labeled as to the new room location before the move.
· All surfaces must be cleared; desks and files should be emptied or arranged so that drawers can be removed. File and storage cabinets not emptied are extremely heavy and are easily damaged. In many cases, the department will be required to empty the cabinets. Property Control or Physical Plant is not responsible for lost or damaged personal property.
· Any items requiring outside supervision, (i.e. delicate equipment, leased equipment, etc.) must be scheduled by the department. All disassembly, if applicable, must be completed before Physical Plant will move the equipment items.
· Equipment items to be transferred to another department or disposed of should have the appropriate documents prepared in advance (See policies on “Departmental Transfers of Equipment” and “Disposal of Equipment”).
· The departmental personnel responsible for equipment items are required to make the designated room number changes for the equipment on the DSU departmental equipment inventory records. The changes are made to the equipment inventory records through the Equipment Inventory Inquiry Application (See policy on “Departmental Responsibilities”).
- Section 29-9-1 thru 29-9-21, Mississippi Code of 1972, Annotated
- Policy on “Departmental Transfers of Equipment”
- Policy on “Disposal of Equipment”
- Policy on “Departmental Responsibilities”