Home » Delta State University Policies » University Policies » Procurement » Equipment Returned for Repairs
Equipment Returned for Repairs
University procedures must be followed when an equipment item is to leave the Delta State University premises for repair, replacement, warranty work, trade-in, or credit.
PROCEDURES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following steps must be followed when an equipment item is to leave the Delta State University premises for repair, replacement, warranty work, trade-in, or credit:
· A Return Material Authorization Form (RMA) must be completed and signed before the equipment item can leave the premises. See forms section for an example of this form.
· The RMA must be approved by the Property Officer, Purchasing, and the Materials Distribution Department.
· Before the RMA form can be approved by the Property Officer, the DSU property tag must be removed from the equipment item and attached to the back of the RMA form in the area designated.
· On return or replacement of the equipment item, the Property Control Office must be notified to schedule the retagging of the equipment item or the tagging of the item and recording of the serial number if the equipment item was replaced.
(*) Exception: Due to the frequency of repair on the specific equipment items listed below, the following departments are exempt from the completing of a RMA for repair or warranty work only. The departmental property officers are responsible for notifying the Property Control Office of any replacements of equipment to insure the appropriate serial number changes are recorded.
Radios (Two-way) Physical Plant
Computer Equipment Information and Technology Services
- Section 29-9-1 thru 29-9-21, Mississippi Code of 1972, Annotated
- Return Authorization Form